Where do you store your CD collection?
On shelves? In a cupboard? Sometimes scattered, on the floor? With UnitiServe-SSD, every CD you own can be stored, catalogued and ready to play at the press of a key, the click of a mouse or the touch of an iPhone.
UnitiServe-SSD is a compact, slot-loading, CD ripping, hard disk music player and server based on the technology of the multi-award-winning Naim HDX. It takes the fundamentals of the HDX; a solid state drive, Naim bit-perfect ripping, Ethernet connection, UPnP server, StreamNet technology and local digital outputs, and combines them with a set of features perfectly suited to music in the home of today, and tomorrow.
A variant of the UnitiServe - the UnitiServe-SSD has no internal hard-disk storage and is intended for use in network systems where ripped data is stored exclusively on NAS drives.
All things to all music lovers
An audio system can grow around UnitiServe-SSD. It can replay ripped CDs into a digital input-equipped amplifier or a digital to analogue converter like Naim's DAC, for example, with all the engaging Naim musical insight, musical performance and clarity you would expect. In addition the UnitiServe-SSD can operate as a UPnP server to stream audio to any UPnPTM playback device over a home network, such as NaimUniti or UnitiQute, to create a simple and fantastic sounding multi-room system. And for those wanting to put sound quality at the centre of whole-home control, UnitiServe-SSD is StreamNet-enabled and can also function as the heart of a sophisticated IP-based NaimNet* multi-room system. However you choose to use UnitiServe-SSD, it can be controlled by an iPhone or iPod touch device running the dedicated Naim n-Serve app, a touch screen, or a computer anywhere on the home network either via a web browser or the Naim Desktop Client application.
UnitiServe-SSD is not just limited to CD format audio or its internal storage. It can also play back audio from a USB memory stick and will scan the network for music stored on NAS drives or network shares in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, WMA and MP3 formats at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution.
Welcome to the future
UnitiServe-SSD brings very high performance hard disc music player and music server technology into the realms of affordable high end audio. It is one of the most versatile and liberating products ever to have worn the Naim logo.
- Slot-loading drive for ease of use
- 16GB Single Level Cell (SLC) Enterprise Drive
- Naim bit-for-bit secure CD ripping to external network attached storage (NAS) drive
- Rip to WAV or FLAC
- Naim Extended Music Database - supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for intuitive browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning - will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnPTM server to serve audio to any UPnPTM rendering playback device, such as the NaimUniti or UnitiQute
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: TV / Web / Desktop Client / Handheld device (iPhone, iPod Touch) and front-panel logo
- Front-panel logo touch-sensitive eject and shutdown function
- Naim Desktop Client - for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- Native 24bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats. Plays WAV up to 24bit/192kHz, MP3 both vbr and fbr, FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz, AAC (m4a only), AIFF, ALAC, OGG Vorbis and Windows Media-formatted content files.
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA and Apple Lossless files played from any USB-connected storage device
- MP3 Shadow Encoding – create lower quality MP3 versions of your music for use on iPod/MP3 players
- Set share-scanning schedule – set your server to automatically search for new music on the network
- Stream internet radio over UPnP
- Add a digital to analogue converter, such as Naim's DAC, or digital input-equipped amplifier, such as Naim's SUPERNAIT, for local playback
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a network
- USB ports for easy connection of USB sticks for playback
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- S/PDIF Digital output on 75Î© BNC or TOSLINK
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen.
- Extremely Low Jitter
- Quiet in operation Very low noise power supplies
- Compact non-magnetic, low resonance, low microphony, low eddy current case
- British Design and Build
Technology serving music
Our unrivalled expertise in digital audio; expertise that had its beginnings in the Naim CDS, the first genuine high-end audio CD player, is at the heart of the UnitiServe-SSD. It extracts the data from CDs using unique, in-house developed techniques and algorithms to ensure that the ripped data represents a faultless replica of the CD. The data is then stored on external Network Attached Storage (NAS) with potential for space that can easily out pace your music collection. UnitiServe-SSD also stores the metadata (artwork, track titles, artists, performers, composers) for all ripped CDs, regardless of their storage location, automatically downloaded from allmusic.com. The Naim Extended Music Database format means that music can be found easily by searching for any stored parameter. You'll never lose track of a CD again.
But there's far more to UnitiServe-SSD performance than bit-perfect CD ripping and storage. Its external power supply is designed to minimise mains injected noise and it incorporates a decoupled hard-disk assembly that both minimises noise and any possibility of disturbance from external vibration. Digital signal management within the UnitiServe-SSD is based on techniques developed for the Naim HDX and the digital outputs on the CD5 XS and CDX2 CD players. UnitiServe-SSD is a true Naim product that deploys highly innovative and advanced technology simply to serve the music.
|UPnP||Transcoding, proxying UPnP Server DLNA device compatible|
|USB||4 x rear panel|
|Ethernet||1 x rear panel (RJ45)|
|Digital Outputs (type)||S/PDIF, 75Ω BNC and TOSLINK|
|Remote Control||Infra Red RC5 (handset optional)|
|RS232||1 x 9 way D type|
|TV Outputs||1 x S-Video, 1 x composite, 1 x 15 way D VGA|
|Ethernet||1 x rear panel (RJ45)|
|Other||iPhone/iTouch, VGA, 1 x PS2 keyboard and 1 x PS2 mouse|
|USB||4 x rear panel|
|CD Formats||Red Book|
|Disc Compatibility||CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Audio Formats Supported||WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, Windows Media-formatted content files, MP3|
|Sample Rates||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz native|
|Bit Depths||16bit, 24bit, 32bit fixed, 32bit float|
|USER CONTROL INTERFACES|
|TV Monitor||4:3 and 16:9 customisable TV interface USB touch screen compatible|
|Web Interface||PC and Mac internet browser compatible Adobe Flash user interface|
|Handheld||User interface app for iPhone and iPod Touch devices|
|AMX and Creston||Installer-customisable reference apps available|
|Front Panel Logo||Touch-sensitive eject and shutdown mode function|
|STREAMING AND RIPPING|
|USB||Scan and play from FAT and NTFS formatted memory sticks|
|Network Shares||Scan and play from music stored on a network share|
|Network Storage||Rip to external network storage for expanded music storage|
|CD Metadata||AllMusic.com online, FreeDB online and local database|
|StreamNet||6 user streams to NaimNet and NetStreams systems|
|Supply Voltage||100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz|
|Dimensions||87 x 207 x 314mm (H x W x D)|
|Notes||Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. UPnP is a trademark of the UPnP forum. iPod, iPhone and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe Flash is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Front||Black powder coated|
|Case||Black powder coated|
MANUALS & DOWNLOADS
Here are all the items available for download that relate to this product. If the information you require is not featured, please contact Naim Customer Support.